CPE Credits – 2.0 hours
Subject Area – Tax
Course Level – Intermediate/Advanced
Instructional Methods – Group Internet/Live/E-learning
Materials Required – 305A Manual (provided)
Prerequisites – None
Advanced Preparation – None
Who should attend – CPAs, Enrolled Agents (EAs), Tax Attorneys
Type of Credit – CPE/MCLE
What do you say to an IRS tax auditor within the first 30 seconds of your initial meeting? Does it matter with whom you are speaking? For example, what if the Revenue Agent is of Chinese ancestry? If so, are they from Beijing, Shanghai or Taiwan? Is there a difference? You bet there is. What if they are from Japan, the Philippines or the Middle East? Would that make a difference? What if they are American? Are they 1st generation or 2nd generation? Does it matter?
This course will guide you through the basics of how one’s cultural origin affects the manner in which they respond to various social prompts in a tax audit or collection situation.
It is basic human nature to assume that the people with whom we interact think along the same lines as we do. When you step back and look from an outside perspective, you will agree that nothing could be further from the truth…
Of course you will also learn the ‘science’ associated with an income tax audit as well including the following:
- How do you determine which documents you will and will not provide the Revenue Agent?
- How many IDR’s (Information Document Requests) are too many?
- When do you finally tell the Revenue Agent “NO MORE!”
- How do you identify the signs indicating that you should cut off the audit regardless of what stage it’s at?
- What to do when you receive a 30-day letter and you disagree with the Revenue Agent’s findings?
- What about a 90-day letter. When do you petition the tax court and why?
- How to leverage a tax court petition to your advantage.
- How do you get a 2nd bite at the apple even though you are not a tax attorney or admitted to practice in front of the tax court?
Attend this course and receive 2 hours of entertaining invaluable information and gain more knowledge than even you thought possible in a mere 2 hours; and earn CPE/MCLE credit while doing so!
- Brief overview of audit procedures
- Knowing what and what not to provide the Revenue Agent (auditor) based upon an Information Document Request
- How to address a Revenue Agent based upon their cultural background
- Entering an audit with a “leg up”
Terms and Conditions